Tier 1 Help Desk Technician – Costa Mesa
Tier 1 Help Desk Technician
Location: Costa Mesa, CA | Department: Engineering| Type: Full Time
If you are looking for a high energy, fast-paced work environment with a company that has a fun company culture, then Network Builders is the place for you! We are looking for dedicated teammates that we can invest in their education and career development. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, possess the people skills, passion, and pride to succeed, then contact us now!
About Network Builders IT
Network Builders IT is a Managed Service Provider serving California since 2006. Network Builders acts as the IT department for businesses and specializes in instant remote IT support, on-site IT support, network security, cloud migrations and IT management and consulting. We believe that our competitive advantage is the relationships we have with our clients and that relationship starts with hiring the right people. We empower our team to do what’s right for our clients and we invest in their future through education and training.
To learn more about us, check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/networkbuildersit/
About the Job
Network Builders IT, a fast growing MSP, is looking for a Network Engineer with rock star customer service skills and has the technical skills to help design and support the servers and network infrastructure of our clients. Not only do you need to possess excellent communication skills and attention to detail, you also need to be passionate about your career in IT and extremely prideful of the work you do. A successful candidate will be able to troubleshoot technical issues escalated from our help desk and be instrumental in infrastructure customer projects.
At Network Builders IT, our #1 priority is our company culture. Because of that, you will get the chance to work with a great team of people that love what they do and will have your back 100% of the time! To keep your skills sharp, we are dedicated to your professional growth and will help you achieve the certifications you need to be even better.
The person hired for the position of Tier 1 Help Desk Technician will enjoy a variety of tasks in a great team environment. The primary objective of this position will be to provide first-level resolution to clients; providing installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of desktops, laptops, printers, tablets and smart phone devices -via phone, e-mail, remote on-site, help ticket, or forward request to 2nd Tier Support. The Tier 1 Help Desk Technician will also perform other tasks vital to customer service and overall operations of the organization.
We are looking for the right person who is driven to provide the best customer service. This position offers the opportunity for advancement for someone who is willing to work hard. Multiple phone line experience and attention to detail are required.
Coordinates with Level 2 operations and engineering support to resolve incidents. Works directly with customers on their IT services to include resolution and improvement of services. Performs related tasks such as
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and support of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems, including third-party applications, utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques
- Installs and configures network hardware and software
- Provides network troubleshooting and support
- Providing technical assistance to other Network Technicians and staff members
- Provides technical support and training to end-users
- Answers user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems
- Enter commands and observe system functions to verify correct operations and detect errors
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation activities
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
Skills / Requirements
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- Two or more recent years of hands-on experience in a Tier 1 Help Desk role in a multi-site environment
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation, configuration and administration of firewalls, wireless networks and broadband services
- Valid driver’s license
- Self-Starter/Self Directed individual that leads with high energy and passion for customer service
- Detail oriented team player that can also work independently with little supervision
- Able to work under pressure, as service calls must be responded to promptly, diagnosed quickly, and fixed within a short time frame
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, other language abilities are a plus
- The ability to understand user problems and explain technical fixes in a clear and understandable manner to users
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis
- Must be able to occasionally move and lift heavy equipment
- Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints
- Results oriented with strong process and execution skills
Please fill out the form below or send your resume to jobs(at)nbit.com